I am a mom and it's the best thing in the world!

10 years ago, I didn't know what I was getting myself into. I was scared but excited. I was young and naive but hopeful. I know people thought I was too young but I needed my son, just as much as he needed me. I surprised even myself by how much I have grown since then. Not physically but emotionally and mentally.  I never ever would go back and do things again because I know everything was meant to be. The best part about me is that I am a mom. A mom of 3 beautiful and wonderful and imaginative and silly and crazy and loving children. Each day is better because I get to share it with them. I get to see their smiles, their laughs, their tears, and their love for each other and everyone around them. I get to see them when they are tired or sick or fighting with each other. I love everything about them and wouldn't change a thing. I am a better person because of them. I am their mom. And for that I am grateful. I am the lucky one. My kids saved me. They fill a void. They give me hope. They show me love and how beautiful the world is because they are in it. They are my reason for everything. They are why I get to celebrate Mother's Day for myself. And I can't think of any other way I'd rather spend this weekend than waking up to them at the earliest hour in the morning, whining because someone is touching someone's toys, or because they are really fighting over who gets to pick out a movie. I'd rather break up a million fights between them than ever live a day without them. I can't wait to see them smile again. To see them give each other hugs and kisses and dress each other up and play Elsa the Frozen Bat Girl and Ninja Batman! I can't wait to cuddle again with them on the couch, with two on either side and one in my lap. I can't wait to not have peace and quiet all day long until I can watch them sleep so peacefully again. Each day brings more chances for me to experience what I love most about being and a mom. It's not the presents they make for me. The handprints and pictures and flower pots and cards. It's not the "thank you mom." It's the "I love you mom." It's the first hug and kiss of the day and the last one and everything in between. Anything with them is the best. I love my children and I know they love me. And that's all that matters!
Happy Mother's Day to all you moms who feel the same way about your children. Whether they are angels on earth or angels in heaven or angels yet to be born, here's to you moms!
And Thank you mom for loving me. I love you too! And I couldn't have done this without you!

Popular posts from this blog

Ripley's Believe It Or Not - Unlock The Weird

WIN with Dial Rewards! Prizes, Money, Gift Cards and More

With All Due Respect Review